Former Mandan Rep. Rae Ann Kelsch dies from infection contracted from oysters
Published: Oct. 30, 2018 at 12:58 PM CDT
Former Rep. Rae Ann Kelsch, Mandan, N.D., died from what doctors believe was a bacteria she contracted from eating raw oysters while visiting New Orleans.
That's according to a CaringBridge website set up for Kelsch.
Family members updated the page this morning with news of her death after saying Kelsch was hospitalized over the weekend for septic shock.
In the CaringBridge post, her family thanked the community for their thoughts and prayers.
Kelsch represented the Mandan District from 1991 to 2012.