• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
• ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 1 teaspoon brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1¼ teaspoons salt
• 4 boneless chicken thighs, skin removed
• 5 cups romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
• 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
• 1 large mango, diced
• 1 avocado, diced
• 1 green onion, peeled and thinly sliced
• Cilantro leaves to garnish (optional)
• Red chili flakes to garnish (optional)
Directions1. Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour a third of the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken thighs for at least 15 minutes (ideally one to two hours if you have the time). Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
2. Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken thighs on each side until golden, crispy, and cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
3. Wipe pan with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and grill or fry peppers until cooked to your liking.
4. While peppers are cooking, prepare the mango salsa. Combine the mango, avocado, and green onion in a bowl. Add in two tablespoons of the reserved dressing to the salsa. Set aside.
5. Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with romaine, sliced peppers, and mango salsa. Top with the chicken strips. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve with cilantro and red chili flakes (optional).