Chef Alex Ryles from Broadway Grill and Tavern cooks smoked chicken penne pastability.
· 1/2 cup smoked chicken (1/4-1/2in dice or shredded)
· 1 cup cooked penne pasta noodles
· 1/4 cup unsalted butter
· 1/3 cup white wine
· 1 small red onion
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 1/2 cup heirloom tomatoes
· 2 oz chopped steamed kale
· 1 medium Portabello mushroom
· 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
· Salt and black pepper to taste
· Place a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat and allow the pan to begin to heat up.
· While the pan is heating up, thinly slice a quarter of the red onion and finely mince the garlic.
· Place half the butter in the pan with the sliced onions.
· While the onions are cooking in the melting butter, dice the cleaned Portabello mushroom (1/2 inch dice) and add them to the skillet with the smoked chicken and minced garlic stirring all of the ingredients together.
· Lightly season the blend with a pinch of salt and pepper and immediately stir in the chopped kale and penne noodles
· While stirring, add the white wine and butter and continue to cook for one minute to cook off the alcohol.
· While waiting, halve the heirloom tomatoes and stir them into the blend and remove from heat source.
· Place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and stir in half of the Parmesan cheese with another pinch of salt and pepper and place in bowl or plate to be served in.
· Top the pasta with the rest of the Parmesan and enjoy!