Smoke could be seen for miles after a garage just outside of Bismarck caught fire this afternoon.
Firefighters responded to Twilight Road northeast of Bismarck and fought the fire for about half an hour.
The owner says he was grinding metal when sparks caught fire.
The Bismarck rural fire chief says there was a propane tank inside and was spewing gas because of a melted pressure relief valve.
Neighbors were alerted and streets were closed to traffic. Bismarck rural fire trucked in water and metro ambulance was there just in case.
Capitol Electric planned to cut service to the home to prevent any further damage.