Early morning house fire in Bismarck

Four people in Bismarck are displaced following an early morning fire on 18th street.

The Bismarck Fire Department responded to reports of a blaze around 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

Crews extinguished the fire which had spread from the deck above the garage to the upper level of the house.

A team of four fire crews and 16 fire fighters extinguished the fire within 30 minutes.

Investigators say there is close to $100,000 worth of damage. They believe the fire was started by a cigarette.

The Red Cross is working with the four people displaced by the fire.