Bismarck Apartment Balcony Catches Fire Monday

Photo: Pexels / MGN
By  | 

A third floor apartment balcony caught on fire in Bismarck Monday night.

The Bismarck Fire Department said they responded to a report of a fire at 2820 Gateway Avenue around 5:26 p.m.

They believe improperly discarded smoking materials started the fire, burning through a flower pot and into the deck boards.

No one was in the apartment at the time and no injuries were reported. However, damage is estimated at $700.

The Bismarck Fire Department wants to remind the public to dispose of cigarettes or other smoking materials in a metal container or by placing them in a cup of water.