Williston residents evacuated after gas leak

By  | 

Williston, N.D. Williston residents were evacuated from their homes this afternoon after a gas leak was reported to law enforcement.

The incident took place on the 500 block of Second Avenue East.

Emergency officials say an individual was digging in the backyard and accidentally struck a gas line.

Williston Police, Fire and Montana Dakota Utilities responded to the scene. Officers evacuated the houses in the affected area and secured the location.

It took about an hour and a half before the entire scene was cleared.

No injuries were reported.