Propane explosion collapses south Fargo garage

By  | 

FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) - 1:30 a.m. - An overnight propane tank explosion in a south Fargo garage is under investigation, fire crews said.

The call came in just before midnight about an explosion in a garage at 207 South University Drive. There was no active fire or flames when crews arrived, officials report.

Investigators say only one person was in the area at the time, receiving minor injuries. They declined medical care.

The explosion caused significant damage to the garage and parts of the neighboring home. At this time, there are no reports of damage to the home, and investigators say the people living inside have not been displaced.

The propane tank explosion is considered accidental at this time, officials said. They do not expect any more explosions.

Tune in to the Valley Today from 4:30 a.m. to 7 a.m. for more.

------------------------------------

12 a.m. - Firefighters are looking for the cause of an apparent garage or out-building explosion and fire in south Fargo early Friday morning.

They got the call just before midnight about a blast at 702 South University Drive. Scanner traffic indicates there are no visible flames, but crews are checking for hot spots.

There's no word on any injuries or the extent of damage to any property.

Part of University is blocked as fire crews stage at the incident.