UPDATE: Suspect in Mandan Walmart stabbing incident in custody

By  | 

MANDAN, N.D. - UPDATE (8/13/19): Mandan Police confirm that Hilario Flores, the person of interest in the Walmart stabbing incident on August 9th, is in custody on charges unrelated to the Walmart incident.

UPDATE: Mandan Police have identified a person of interest in the Walmart knife assault Friday morning as Hilario Flores.

Police say he's 24 years old, 5-feet 5-inches tall, with brown hair and brown eyes. They say he could be in a gray Honda or Toyota.

They say he is only wanted for questioning.

Police say do not approach and ​if you have any information on his whereabouts, call your local law enforcement agency.

UPDATE: Police say the man they’re looking for in connection to the assault at Mandan Walmart is in his 30s.

Deputy Chief Lori Flaten says the man was wearing a hoodie, jeans and a baseball cap.

If you know who the man is, contact the Mandan Police Department.

Officers ask that you do not approach the suspect if you see him, call your local law enforcement.

UPDATE: Police have released images of the suspect. They say if you see him do not approach and call police.

UPDATE: The suspect accused of cutting a Walmart vendor is still at large after the Mandan store was evacuated. Police have not been able to release a description of the suspect yet.

Authorities are still searching Walmart and will be releasing a description soon.

Deputy Chief Lori Flaten with the Mandan Police Department said the victim had a verbal fight with the suspect before the assault took place. Flaten says when the victim started to walk away, the suspect pulled out a knife and made a "very very minor" cut behind the ear.

The call for police came in at 11:30 a.m. and the store was already evacuating when responders arrived.

Police had initial reports that it was an employee and that has since changed. They now confirm it was a vendor making a delivery.

ORIGINAL STORY: According to Mandan Police, they are investigating an assault on an employee of the store.

The Mandan Walmart was evacuated late Friday morning. Police entered the building guns drawn telling shoppers to exit.

An eyewitness saw workers helping an individual who was holding their neck, but authorities have not confirmed the reason for the evacuation.

The same witness said they were shopping when workers told them a weapon was in the building and they needed to evacuate.

Authorities present include the North Dakota Highway Patrol, ambulances, the fire department, and the Sheriff's Department.