Advertisement

Investigators: propane torch led to Minot house fire

(KFYR)
Published: Nov. 20, 2019 at 10:14 PM CST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Investigators say a house fire in southwest Minot last month started when a resident tried to heat up piping for a hot tub with a propane torch.

The fire on Oct. 31 caused extensive structural damage to the home in the 1800 block of Aspen Circle in Minot.

They say wind conditions played a factor in spreading the flames, which moved from the hot tub to the outside of the home to the attic, leading to the roof collapsing.

The residents were not allowed access to the structure until necessary repairs recommended by an engineer took place.

No one was hurt. Crews from all four stations responded.

Latest News

Latest News