BISMARCK, N.D. - The sprinkler system in a Bismarck apartment prevented a fire from spreading Friday afternoon.
The Bismarck Fire Department responded to a fire alarm at the Crescent Manor Apartments on East Bowen Ave. just after 4:30 p.m.
The department says a fire on a stovetop was prevented from spreading because of the automatic fire sprinkler system and crews were able to completely extinguish the fire.
Bismarck Fire says the occupant of the unit was not home at the time.
The department says all residents were evacuated and were able to return their apartments, except for the unit involved.
No injuries were reported.