BISMARCK, ND - The Bismarck Fire Department responded to a fire in the 100 block of E. Bismarck Expressway at around 3:30 on Sunday.
Officials say firefighters say heavy smoke coming from the third floor and around the roofline. Some first responders took their hoses to fire, while others searched the building to make sure people evacuated the building.
While officials report heavy fire damage to other units on the third floor, they say the fire was limited to one apartment.
No one was hurt, but some were displaced. Firefighters referred the displaced to the Bismarck Crisis Care Chaplaincy to provide temporary housing.
Officials say the cause was likely a grease fire and that loss estimates are likely more than $100,000.