Apartment fire displaces residents in Minot

MINOT, N.D. - A fire Wednesday morning forced crews to evacuate a southeast Minot apartment complex.

Crews responded to the apartment in the 600 block of 19th Avenue SE shortly after 8:30 a.m.

There is no official cause of the fire yet, but early reports indicate it was an unattended stove.

No one was hurt in the fire.

“When I arrived on the scene there was smoke billowing out of the unit here, and the hallways. They had evacuated everyone. The smoke damage, the kitchen and living room will be a complete loss. Maybe the bedrooms might be somewhat salvageable,” said Savana Pitcher, 1st Minot Management.

The complex has 35 to 40 residents living in 18 units.

Minot fire turned the building over to the property owner shortly around 11 a.m.

Pitcher said that displaced residents will be put in touch with the Red Cross.