New CAT Busses Come to Bismarck - KFYRTV.COM - Bismarck, ND - News, Weather, Sports

New CAT Busses Come to Bismarck

Posted: Updated:
Businesses along the rivers aren't the only things jam packed recently, Capital Area Transit announced last week that rider ship numbers are way up. 


The April and May tallies broke the previous CAT bus record of more than 12,700 riders, which was set back in May of 2013. Just a year later that number has jumped to more than 14,000 riders in the month of May. This sharp increase in riders prompted Bis-Man Transit to purchase two new larger busses, which cost nearly $400,000 each. 

"We've been generally working with 30-foot busses but the route between Bismarck and Mandan is one of our busiest routes," says Transit Director, Robin Werre. "And many times we're full and the same thing with the route that runs between Kirkwood Mall and Gateway Mall, many times is full."

Werre says the busses take about two years to build. 

  • Latest NewsMore>>

  • Chiropractors Step Up in a Family's Time of Need

    Chiropractors Step Up in a Family's Time of Need

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 6:00 PM EDT2014-07-23 22:00:04 GMT
    The town of Napoleon and chiropractors from across the state are coming together to help out a local doctor and his family.
    The town of Napoleon and chiropractors from across the state are coming together to help out a local doctor and his family.
  • Domestic Dispute Leads to Arrest

    Domestic Dispute Leads to Arrest

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 5:52 PM EDT2014-07-23 21:52:25 GMT
    A 34-year-old Fort Totten man was arrested for DUI, driving under suspension and terrorizing after an incident at Walmart in South Bismarck.
    A 34-year-old Fort Totten man was arrested for DUI, driving under suspension and terrorizing after an incident at Walmart in South Bismarck.
  • Judge Sentences Man for Soliciting a Minor

    Judge Sentences Man for Soliciting a Minor

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 5:35 PM EDT2014-07-23 21:35:26 GMT
    A follow up to story we told you about in January. Thomas Bortness, 55, was scheduled to go on trial for luring minors over the internet.
    A follow up to story we told you about in January. Thomas Bortness, 55, was scheduled to go on trial for luring minors over the internet.
Powered by WorldNow
    Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFYR. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.