State Dismissing Fargo Lawsuit - KFYRTV.COM - Bismarck, ND - News, Weather, Sports

State Dismissing Fargo Lawsuit

Posted: Updated:

Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem says the state is dismissing the lawsuit challenging last year's law that requires doctors who perform abortions to obtain admitting privileges at a local hospital.

The Red River Clinic in Fargo sued the state in Cass County District Court saying the 2013 State Legislature's Senate Bill 2305 violated the State's Constitution.

The clinic originally thought its physicians would not be able to get admitting privileges to hospitals.

However, all the doctors were able to get them by December 2013. The agreement requires the physicians currently performing abortions at the Clinic to keep those admitting privileges at a local hospital as long as the law remains in effect.

  • Latest NewsMore>>

  • Chiropractors Step Up in a Family's Time of Need

    Chiropractors Step Up in a Family's Time of Need

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 6:00 PM EDT2014-07-23 22:00:04 GMT
    The town of Napoleon and chiropractors from across the state are coming together to help out a local doctor and his family.
    The town of Napoleon and chiropractors from across the state are coming together to help out a local doctor and his family.
  • Domestic Dispute Leads to Arrest

    Domestic Dispute Leads to Arrest

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 5:52 PM EDT2014-07-23 21:52:25 GMT
    A 34-year-old Fort Totten man was arrested for DUI, driving under suspension and terrorizing after an incident at Walmart in South Bismarck.
    A 34-year-old Fort Totten man was arrested for DUI, driving under suspension and terrorizing after an incident at Walmart in South Bismarck.
  • Judge Sentences Man for Soliciting a Minor

    Judge Sentences Man for Soliciting a Minor

    Wednesday, July 23 2014 5:35 PM EDT2014-07-23 21:35:26 GMT
    A follow up to story we told you about in January. Thomas Bortness, 55, was scheduled to go on trial for luring minors over the internet.
    A follow up to story we told you about in January. Thomas Bortness, 55, was scheduled to go on trial for luring minors over the internet.
Powered by WorldNow
    Powered by WorldNow
    All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KFYR. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.