The Diocese of Bismarck will ordain six men to the diocesan priesthood. It is the second time the Diocese has ordained such a large number. The ceremony will take place at the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit in Bismarck on June 13, 2013. Tickets are required for admittance to the event.
"This is a historic moment for our diocese and we praise almighty God for his goodness in blessing our diocese and the whole Catholic Church with these six new priests," says Bishop of Bismarck David Kagan. "Their ministry as priests is necessary and truly indispensable for the life of our church in western North Dakota and across the world."
The event will be broadcast live on KFYR`s Me-TV channel across the state and will begin at 3 p.m. Me-TV is available on the following channels: 5.2 in Bismarck, 10.2 in Minot, 8.2 in Williston and 7.2 in Dickinson. It is also available on cable: Midcontinent Communications (channel 595), N.D. Television Co-op (channel 15), Beach Cable TV (channel 7.2), BEK Communications(channel 7),Reservation Telephone Co-op (channel 20) and SRT Communications (channel 78 or 109). In addition, the event will be streamed online at kfyrtv.com.
KFYR news director and anchor Monica Hannan will provide commentary alongside Fr. Brian Gross, pastor of the Church of Epiphany in Watford City, N.D and Our Lady of Consolation in Alexander.
"With such a large number of men being ordained this year, the Cathedral will certainly be strapped for space. Now that the ordination will be broadcast on live TV and streamed online, thousands of people beyond the walls of the Cathedral will be able to share in this momentous event," explains Matthew Kurtz, director of communications for the Bismarck Diocese.
The six men to be ordained on June 13 are:
• Rev. Mr. Patrick Cunningham from the Church of St. Therese (Minot). Cunningham has been appointed to be pastor of St. Bonaventure (Underwood), St. Catherine (Turtle Lake) and St. Edwin (Washburn).
• Rev. Mr. Joseph Evinger from the Church of Sts. Peter and Paul (New Hradec). Evinger has been appointed to be parochial vicar for the Churches of St. Joseph (Williston) and St. John the Baptist (Trenton).
• Rev. Mr. Thomas Grafsgaard from the Church of Corpus Christi (Bismarck). Grafsgaard has been appointed to be parochial vicar for the Church of St. Leo (Minot) and part-time religion instructor for Bishop Ryan Catholic School.
• Rev. Mr. Jared Johnson from the Church of St. Joseph (Williston). Johnson has been appointed to be chaplain/instructor for St. Mary's Central High School (Bismarck) and parochial vicar for Cathedral of the Holy Spirit (Bismarck).
• Rev. Mr. Corey Nelson from the Church of Our Lady of Grace (Minot). Nelson has been appointed to be parochial vicar for the Church of Saint Anne (Bismarck) and part-time religion instructor for St. Mary's Central High School.
• Rev. Mr. Robert Shea from the Church of St. Paul (Hazelton). Shea has been appointed to be parochial vicar for the Church of Ascension (Bismarck) from July 1, 2013 – Sept. 1, 2013. He will then complete his post-graduate studies in Rome, Italy.
Sunday, March 9 2014 8:57 AM EDT2014-03-09 12:57:59 GMT
The Class B Boys season wrapped up the state tournament tonight in Grand Forks. Fargo Oak Groves defeated Rugby 68 to 58 in overtime fashion. North Star defeated the Lions from Linton-HMB 60 to 49 in the
The Class B Boys season wrapped up the state tournament tonight in Grand Forks.
Sunday, March 9 2014 8:54 AM EDT2014-03-09 12:54:06 GMT
The Century Patriots took home 1st place overall in the Swim and Dive State event finishing with 349 points. Followed by Minot with 323 points. North Fargo took home 3rd place overall at 297 points. West
The Century Patriots took home 1st place overall in the Swim and Dive State event finishing with 349 points.
Sunday, March 9 2014 8:50 AM EDT2014-03-09 12:50:18 GMT
The West Region Class A boys and girls basketball season concluded play today, and the state qualifiers are set. On the girls side Bismarck High won the tournament with a 64 to 61 win over Century. Both
The West Region Class A boys and girls basketball season concluded play today, and the state qualifiers are set.
Sunday, March 9 2014 8:48 AM EDT2014-03-09 12:48:30 GMT
Chair-lifts were packed and tube runs were full, as hundreds of families enjoyed a day at the Bottineau Winter Park. But Saturday was no ordinary day in the Turtle Mountains. It's was the grand opening
Saturday was no ordinary day in the Turtle Mountains. It's was the grand opening of Annie's House, a new ski-lodge and adaptive center.
Evangelist Franklin Graham prayed on a sidewalk outside the Pentagon Thursday after his invitation to a prayer service inside was withdrawn because of comments that insulted people of other religions. More>>
NBC North Dakota News has launched a new channel -- Me-TV North Dakota! If you love the classics, Me-TV North Dakota has them.
NBC North Dakota News has launched a new channel -- Me-TV North Dakota! If you love the classics, Me-TV North Dakota has them. Me-TV North Dakota will also play a replay on the Evening and Night Report at 11:30pm Monday-Friday. As well as, local news and weather updates throughout the day.