BISMARCK, N.D. - Doctors on CHI St. Alexius Medical Executive Committee signed a letter saying they will resign from that committee unless four CHI administrative leaders in Fargo are fired or resign. A Medical Executive Committee acts as a governing body for medical staff. Without a Medical Executive Committee, the hospital risks losing its accreditation.
The letter, dated May 1, 2018, says concerns in the past three years led to a vote of no confidence and outlined problems at the hospital that conflict with its “Living Mission Measures”, including:
- Low employee morale, leading to staff resignations and discussion of nurses unionizing.
- A drop in the safety grade form the Leap Frog Group from a “B” to a “C”.
- Declining ER and Surgery volumes.
The resignations would take effect on May 15, unless the group’s demands are met:
- Dismissal or resignation of Mr. Jeffery Drop, Dr. Benjamin Chaska and Ms. Francine Kyaw.
- Terminate any remaining relationship with Mr. Matt Grimshaw with CHI Fargo Division.
- Relocate the CHI Division Office to Bismarck.