MINOT, N.D. – This year’s flu season has caused health officials to implement visitation restrictions at a long-term care facility in Minot.
Brenda Lokken, the Director of Infection Control, says that Trinity Homes in Minot is experiencing a flu outbreak. An outbreak is determined by two confirmed cases with other residents having symptoms.
Here are the guidelines of the restriction:
- No visitors will be allowed in the long-term care facility
- Children will not be permitted during the restriction period
- Trinity Homes group activities that include outside personnel have been suspended
- Practicing good hand and couch hygiene is a way to limit flu risk
Lokken also says it is not too late in the season to get a flu shot, and residents can get the shot at any of Trinity’s three walk-in sites:
- Trinity Health South Ridge, 1500 24th Ave. SW
- Health Center – Town & Country, 831 South Broadway
- Health Center – Medical Arts, 400 Burdick Expressway E