Fire at McDonald's on Miriam Avenue in Bismarck

BISMARCK, N.D. - The Bismarck Fire Department responded to a structure fire just after 1 a.m. Thursday at the McDonald’s on Miriam Avenue.

When firemen arrived they saw smoke coming from the building and could see a fire inside. Crews entered, extinguished the fire and ventilated the building.

Investigators say no one was in the McDonald's at the time of the fire.

The Bismarck Fire Department says the kitchen area sustained heat damage from the flames and there is smoke damage throughout the building.

The fire was determined to be accidental.