MINOT, N.D. - The city of Minot has chosen to withdraw its application to rezone property near city landfill.
City Manager Tom Barry says he wants to make sure the city continues to recognize and address concerns raised by members of the public.
The decision comes after some pushback at a subcommittee meeting earlier this week, where Minot residents showed concern over proposals to expand the landfill.
The committee ultimately voted against the proposed rezoning.
The city says that withdrawing the application will not diminish the request all together, but rather slow the process down.
Barry says it was upon his director to withdraw the application.
The City's request will not be on the agenda for Monday's regular City Council Meeting.