BISMARCK, N.D. - The following is a timeline of events for Thursdays search for Ulises Villalobos.
- According to the Bismarck Police Department, officers were assisting Parole and Probations on the 3200 block of Montreal Street. One man fled in a 2013 black Chevrolet Equinox and attempted to run over an officer. The officer then fired at the vehicle.
- Police began searching for 22-year-old Ulises Villalobos.
- Vehicle evidence later revealed that the suspect was likely struck by a bullet and could need medical attention, according to a press release from the Bismarck Police Department.
- Bismarck Public Schools had five schools shelter in place.
- Villalobos was thought to have left Bismarck heading east in a white 2002 Subaru Legacy Outback, possibly accompanied by a large, tall Hispanic male. Bismarck Police stated this information in a press release at 6:00 p.m.
- Bismarck Public Schools lifted shelter in place.
- According to the Bismarck Police Department, the suspect vehicle was found abandoned on the 2500 block of Hillview Avenue in Bismarck.
- Police secured the neighborhood, set up a perimeter and began looking for the suspect.
- ND Department of Emergency Services issued a Blue Alert.
- Bismarck Police chased and caught a Villalobos lookalike and then arrested 24-year-old Juan Bustamante on warrants.
- According to the Bismarck Police Department, suspect vehicle was possibly sighted by a law enforcement officer going north on I-29, which took the Argusville exit.
- It was thought that the suspect may be looking to steal a car.
- Bismarck Police Department confirmed the arrest of Villalobos in Brookings, S.D.
- ND Department of Emergency Services canceled Blue Alert.