Land Board Awards $2.5 Million in Grants to Western ND Townships| 12/14/2012
"This grant fund plays an important role in our overall strategy to help address the impacts in our oil and gas counties," said Governor Jack Dalrymple. "The grant program allows us to adapt to the region`s priorities and the process relies on the participation of local residents and officials."
Projects that will receive money include:
- $100,000 to widen, repair and improve the safety of roads in Saddle Butte Township, Golden Valley County.
- $100,000 to rebuild four miles of roadway in Short Creek Township, Burke County.
- $64,000 to gravel four miles of roadway in Ross Township, Mountrail County.
- $100,000 to rebuild and gravel roads in Stony Creek Township, Williams County.
- $14,000 to repair, widen and improve the safety of a road intersection in Clinton Township, Divide County.
- $100,000 for road improvements and dust control near Trenton in Williams County.
- $100,000 for road safety improvements in Wayzetta Township, Mountrail County.
- $80,000 for road repairs and road safety improvements in Sioux Township, McKenzie County.
- $100,000 for road repairs and road safety improvements in Saddle Butte Township, Golden Valley County.
- $40,000 for road repairs in Starbuck Township, Bottineau County.
For a complete list, visit www.nd.gov/energyimpact.