Six Bismarck Priests Named Monsignors| 12/14/2012
- Fr. James Braaten, episcopal vicar for the Diocese of Bismarck and pastor of the Church of the Ascension in Bismarck.
- Fr. Chad Gion, pastor of the Church of Spirit of Life in Mandan, Church of St. Anthony in St. Anthony and Church of St. Martin in Huff.
- Fr. Gene Lindemann, J.C.L., vicar general for the Diocese of Bismarck and pastor of the Church of St. Mary in Bismarck.
- Fr. Thomas Richter, vocation director and vicar for deacons in the Diocese of Bismarck, as well as rector of the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit in Bismarck.
- Fr. Patrick Schumacher, S.T.L., director of continuing education for clergy in the Diocese of Bismarck and pastor of the Church of St. Wenceslaus in Dickinson.
- Fr. James Shea, president of the University of Mary in Bismarck.
This is the first time since 1991 that a monsignor has been named from the diocese. There are now seven monsignors in the Bismarck diocese.